Self Navigational and Social Networking Robot.
- To make an autonomous robot with Android as its brain.The robot would run on the commands given by its owner , in speech.It would also be able to distinguish between known people and strangers, provide information on a topic in speech and visual form ( by projecting on a screen ) and carry work/entertainment with it for user convenience .
- The robot is controlled by an Android mobile phone.Its hardware based on Arduino also has a micro controller,DC motors for movement and proximity and optical sensors.
- The robot is controlled by speech of the owner.
- The phone's camera is used to take pictures and record videos. It makes use of Facebook/Twitter APIs,internet and its own database at the server to fetch information.It uses Google Goggles to find information about anything the user wants to know from picture of any object/text.
- Information is projected on to a screen via a projector on the robot or spoken out.
- It uses OCR to identify text in image.
- It uses Android APIs for face detection.
- Speech Recognition is used to allow user to interact with the robot via simple commands and words.
- It keeps a track of its movement using GPS on the mobile and Google Earth APIs.
- The robot serves the purpose of an intelligent/entertaining companion.It runs on the speech commands given by the owner and reponds intelligently.Output is given via a projector or in speech form.
- It also allows integration of real and virtual world by allowing workspace to be carried into the digital world using of OCR.
- It also provides ready information to anythingvia the internet and Google Goggles
- It can also be used for purposes of surveilance ( to detect if there is any unknown object or person by taking its image and searching for it in its database) or spying.It can be programmed to follow any suspicious activity.
- It will be one of the first Android supported bots in India
BOT Makers and Developers
1. Ramakrishna Reddy Kunreddy +91-9571552895 (ME Computer Science)
2. Ruchir Hajela (ME Software Systems)
3. Rishabh Mehrotra , +91-9014516301(BE Computer Science)
4. Rushabh Agrawal, +91-9571552740 (BE Computer Science)
5. Shitanshu Chandra, +91-957155743 (BE Electrical and Electronics)
6. Nipun Jain (BE Computer Science)
7. Aman Guptha (BE Computer Science)
8. Rohit Bhat (BE Computer Science)
Computer Science Association , BITS Pilani .
If you have further questions please visit your contact page, and let us know.
ContactAndroid Omniscient Bot
Computer Science Association, BITS Pilani.